Monday, August 17, 2009

The Superior Scribbler Award


Several weeks ago, Rae at Weather Vane presented me with the Superior Scribbler Award. I'm late in responding, but I do have excuses. To begin with, I'm lousy at following assignments. I'll spare you the self-analysis. Just take my word for it.

Also, my last post went off in a direction of its own. It became a two-parter and then a three-parter. That wasn't my plan. When you let your writing breathe, it can turn into a beast.

Rae, are you buying any of this?

You can read the story behind this award by clicking on the link below.

The award comes with a list of rules, and here they are:

1. Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to five deserving bloggers.

2. Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author and the name of the blog from whom he or she as received The Award.

3. Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on their own blog, and link to This Post, which explains the award.

4. Each Blogger who wins the Superior Scribbler Award must visit This Post and add their name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives this prestigious honor.

5. Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on their blog.

So, which five lucky bloggers will be getting the news that I have designated them Superior Scribblers?

Sorry, you'll have to wait, and so will they. I'm often late on my assignments, but I do take them seriously.

Truthfully, I don't yet know how I will determine my fabulous five.

There are some new bloggers out there who would love to have this award. Maybe I'll run a contest.

17 comments:

  1. Congrats! You most certainly are a superior scribbler. And I know what you mean about 1 post turning into 3. I think that's one of the healthiest things you can do as a writer. If you get the bug, run with it until carpal tunnel sets in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam, Spoken like a true writer. I like your style, and your humor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, very nice. :) I get so embarrassed when I win something! At times I feel like it's almost too good to be true, I hide in that little corner until all the publicity goes away. But once it's over and done, I get the courage to stand and write a new post xD

    Thank you for sharing this with us, you are indeed a superior scribbler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on becoming a superior scribler

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bruce
    I'm so very pleased for you but not, in the least, surprised. Anyone who can write and hold my attention on a subject that usually makes me blank over deserves an award, but you manage to do it with humour and finesse. Not only a superior scribbler but also a bloody fine gentleman.
    Keep those posts coming Sir!
    Ness

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! I'm getting in line because I just LOVE to win awards and it's been awhile! Come visit my blog anytime. It runs daily. Keep on scribblin'!

    Sandra
    www.tinyurl.com/realsmart

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you consider the relative infrequency of your posts, and the terrific punch you deliver when they do finally arrive, this award comes as no surprise.
    You, my friend, are the Papi Ortiz of bloggers!

    Congratulations.

    EFH

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boy, this is very conceited of me, but if you're considering me, you should be aware of what I do when I receive awards.

    http://jimsuldog.blogspot.com/2009/04/ok-granny-lets-compare-what-we-twiddle.html

    I seem to remember you commenting on another of my awards posts, though, so perhaps you already know. If so, do as you see fit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bruce,
    Congrats on your award.
    This my first but not my last visit, will add your blog to my links.
    Have a good day tomorrow.
    Love,
    Herrad

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suldog is not easy to explain. You will have to go to his blog and experience him for yourself. There's a trip back from a concert that will tell you all you need to know.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the award. You definitely deserve it. I hope you're doing well. Take care. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are quite a gifted writer. I found you in the coffee shop and stopped by to browse. I got sucked in by the NFL three part series you wrote. You had me immediately. It took me back to spending time watching sports with my dad. He always wanted a boy to watch sports with, but alas, I am what he ended up with. My brother came along much later and never really liked to watch sports much. But I do and always have, thanks to my dad. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane!

    http://momsaysthink.blogspot.com/

    I have added you to the blogs I follow, which is a short and sweet list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice! Congratulations on your award! Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My warmest (albeit rather late) congratulations!! I have been away, helping others understand the rules of etiquette when debating politics. I can't stand unruly behavior or obscenities when I'm trying to discuss a serious issue, and I won't tolerate it. Being a leader kinda personality, I tend to take over in situations where I feel things are outta control, which is exactly what I did on a couple of Facebook pages. Play nice, children!

    Again; the accolades proceed!

    John

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also want to give my (very belated) congratulations to you on your award! You are a very talented writer, and so I can see why you deserved this award!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do YOU think?